Dr. Azmat Karim is a Consultant in Pulmonary Critical Care & Sleep medicine and is a Visiting Professor - Pulmonary Medicine at Era Medical College, Lucknow. He is a PhD Scholar at Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University, UP. He is specialized in treating respiratory diseases. He has provided the best medical care to his patient. His areas of clinical interests are Critical Care physician, COPD, Asthma, Sleep disorders. Previously, he has worked in the Department of Respiratory Diseases at Metro Hospital & Heart Institute, Lajpat Nagar, Safdarjung hospital, New Delhi & Apollo access hospital, New Delhi.
- Presented Abstract papers and poster at the European Respiratory Society International Congress 26-30 September 2015 held at Amsterdam Netherland.
- Presented Abstract paper and posters at the annual conference of AMERICAN College of Chest Physicians, 24-28 October held at Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Presented Paper at 68th National Conference on Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases 23-26 February 2014 NATCON 2013 held at National Institute of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases (LRS), New Delhi.
- Presented paper at 16th Joint National Conference of Indian Chest Society and National College of Chest Physician Nov 20-23 2014 Agra, U.P.
- Have chaired many Scientific session in various National and International Conferences.
- Have participated in numerous CMEs and Symposia in various parts of the country, outside of the Country .
- Have published numerous articles in newspapers for public awareness about life threatening pulmonary diseases.
Area of Expertise
All respiratory diseases, Critical Care physician, COPD, Asthma, Sleep disorders
- Having Copyright registered in his name by Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India for Indian Version of Pictorial and incorporating them into software application to Screen and Diagnose OSA in OPD.
- Principal Investigator for Ongoing Clinical Trial “Landmarc” (Longitudinal Nationwide study on management and Real- world outcomes of diabetes in India ).
- Clinical Investigator on a non-interventional nationwide registry to identify Indian Phenotype characteristics in DM patients in India.
- Participated as investigator in Real-world evidence of glycemic control among patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus in India : the TIGHT Study published in BMJ 2019.
- Have Received Research Grant from Red Cross Society under the ages of Tuberculosis Society of India , Ministry of Health Government of India .
- Initiated a Pan-India virtual clinic for the treatment of widespread Covid-19 and other pulmonary diseases in rural India.
- Successfully treated around 2500 Covid-19 affected patients online.
- Azmat Karim, V.K. Arora“ Role of Ultrasound In Intensive Respiratory care Unit” Indian Journal of Chest Disease, Feb 2014.
- Azmat Karim, V.K Arora , "Emerging Applications for Screening OSA by Modified Pictorial Epworth Sleepiness Scale in Indian Subjects" Published online October 01, 2015 in CHEST USA.
- Azmat Karim, V. K. Arora, M.B. Gupta, Screening OSA by Modified Pictorial Epworth in Indian Subjects, Indian Journal of Tuberculosis available on Science Direct Elsevier, Feb 2016
- Azmat Karim , Jamil Razi, Ayesha K Rahman, Facility assessment of neonatal intensive care unit of urban Allahabad in International Journal of Advance Community Medicine December 2019
- Azmat Karim, A non-interventional nationwide registry to identify Indian Phenotype characteristics in DM patients in India
- Azmat Karim, Diseases Observational Study “A longitudinal nationwide Study on Management and real-world outcomes of Diabetes in India.
- Azmat Karim, Real world Evidence of glycemic control among patients with T2DMin India: the TIGHT study BMJ.
- Co-author of a Paper presented during 58th Annual Conference CSI 2006. S.K.Parashar, Azmat Karim “ A rare case of Traumatic Tricuspid Valve” Bangladesh International Journal of Cardiology.
MBBS, MD (Pulmonary Medicine), FCCS – USA, PGDHHM, Fellow and life member of Indo Australian Critical Care Society, Fellow of Fundamental Critical Care Society USA.
- Member of European Respiratory Society.
- Member of American College of Chest Physician.
- Member of National College of Chest Physician.
- Member of Indian Chest Society.
- Member of American College of Physician.