Best Ophthamology Eye Hospital in Delhi NCR, India
Ophthalmology refers to that branch of medicine that deals with the physiology, structure, anatomy and diseases related to the eyes.Ophthalmologists are physicians and since they perform operations on eyes, they are considered as both surgical and medical specialists. A wide range of conditions and disorders can be examined from the eye.
Ophthalmologists provide many eye care services including:
- Medical Eye Care which includes conditions like Glaucoma, Chemical burns and Iritis.
- Treatment and diagnosis of eye conditions that are related to other disorders like arthritis or diabetes.
- Vision services like Eye exams
- Surgical eye care which includes disorders like crossed eyes, cataracts, trauma among other problems.
At Fortis Escorts Department of Ophthalmology, we provide expert treatment and care for all kinds of eye related problems includinga simple routine eye examination to more severe conditions of the eye and its surrounding structures. Our highly qualified team of ophthalmologists is fully equipped with state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic equipment for treating eye disorders like cataracts, corneal and external diseases, glaucoma, aesthetics, pediatric ophthalmicdiseases etc.
Eye disorders and conditions
Acute Red Eye
The most likely cause of the red eye is acute conjunctivitis, however, the underlying cause may be difficult to determine.
Cataracts are a normal part of aging and include the gradual clouding of the clear lens in the eye which results in a blurred vision or hazy image, and a sensitivity to light.
Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. The main causes of Glaucoma are genetics, age and even ethnicity (in some cases).
It refers to an apical enlargement of the eye muscles which stimulates other fibroblasts. In Graves Disease, fluid is drawn into the muscle and stored, that eventually leads to the development of scar tissue. Additionally, the swelling of the muscles pushes the eye forward causing it to protrude.
Causes of Low Vision include injuries, birth defects, aging, certain diseases of the body and aging. However, the primary cause of low vision is macular degeneration. The macula – a small spot near the back of the eye that sends images to your brain – deteriorates in macular degeneration. As it deteriorates, you start to develop vision problems that may include difficulty in distinguishing colors, blurry central vision, distorted or wavy lines and loss of detail.
It is an acute inflammatory process of the optic nerve which usually occurs in young adults. It carries a high risk of subsequent development of Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
There are two main types of retinal detachment:
- Exudative Retinal Detachments that is caused due to the collection of fluid between the retina and the outer coats of the eye.
- Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachments are caused due to holes that occur in the retina allowing fluid from the transparent cavity to lift the retina from outer coats of your eye.
It refers to the conditions in which one or both eyes are not aligned properly.
It is a surgical procedure to remove the lens of the eye andreplace it with an artificial lens. It is generally done to treat the clouding of the clear lens of the eye.
Also known askeratoplasty, it is a surgical procedure to replace part of the cornea with corneal tissue from a donor.
It involves a series of tests that are designed to evaluate a person’s vision and check for other eye diseases. A variety of instruments may be used and it may also involve spotting bright lights directly at your eyes and you looking through an array of lenses. Each test evaluates a different aspect of your vision or eye health.
LASIK eye surgery
LASIK the acronym for Laser-Assisted in-Situ Keratomileusis, is a surgical procedure that eliminates the need forlenses or eyeglassesby improving vision. It is the most common type of refractive surgery and involves changing the shape of Cornea.
A person is recommended to get an eye exam every two years. However, your eye doctor may recommend frequent exams according to your health, diseases and other risk factors. Diabetic patients should get eyes examined once a year.
The greatest factor for eye diseases like glaucoma, cataracts and macular degeneration is age, especially people over 60 years of age. Diabetic patients are at a higher risk for eye disorders.
Cataract symptoms include filmy, fuzzy, cloudy or foggy vision, double vision, changes in the perception of colors and problems with glare or frequent eyeglasses prescription changes.
The cornea is the tissue that covers the front of the eye and covers the pupil, iris, and anterior chamber. It is also the main focusing element of the eye.
It is a surgical procedure done to improve vision and involves the use of a beam of light to reshape the cornea.
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute Doctors
- Nephrology Doctors
- Pulmonology Doctors
- ENT Doctors
- Mental Health & Behavioral Sciences Doctors
- Liver & Digestive Diseases Institute Doctors
- Bone And Joint Institute Doctors
- Dentistry Doctors
- General Surgery Doctors
- Ophthalmology- The Sight Avenue Doctors
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgery Doctors
- Cardiac Surgery Doctors
- Diabetology Doctors
- Endocrinology and Metabolism Diseases Doctors
- Internal Medicine Doctors
- Critical Care Medicine Doctors
- Vascular Surgery Doctors
- Kidney and Urology Institute Doctors
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery Doctors
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) Doctors
- Neurology Doctors
- Interventional Cardiology Doctors
- Organ Donation Doctors
- Kidney Transplant Doctors
- Radiology Doctors
- Preventive Health Check Doctors
- Heart Hospitals Doctors
- Non Invasive Cardiology Doctors
- Urology Doctors
- Physiotherapy Doctors
- Nuclear Medicine Doctors
- Clinical Psychology Doctors
- Liver Transplant Doctors
- Blood Bank Doctors
- Sleep Apnoea Insomnia Clinic Doctors
- Neuro Surgery & Spine Doctors
- Chronic Total Occlusion Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Doctors
- Minimal Access Bariatric, GI Surgery & GI Oncosurgery Doctors
- Histopathology Doctors
- Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics Doctors
- Heart Transplant Doctors
- Preventive Medicine Doctors
- Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Doctors
- Rheumatology Doctors
- Organ Transplant Doctors
- Anaesthesiology Doctors
- Electrophysiology Doctors
- Blood Disorders Doctors