Currently serving as the Director & HOD – Cardiology, Fortis Hospital, Noida (UP) & Director – Cardiology, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla, New Delhi. Dr Suman Bhandari (MD, DM, FACC, FESC, FSCAI, FIMSA) has a vast interventional practice exceeding 31 years and is a key opinion leader in his field and has trained numerous fellows-both National and International over this period.
Born 1955, he completed his MD (Medicine) in 1981 form Rohtak and subsequently DM (Cardiology) from AIIMS in 1983, after which he was appointed Consultant Cardiologist at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in 1985 where he served till 1988. He trained for a year in “Interventional Cardiology” at Rouen (France) and Leuven (Belgium) in 1992, and has also acquired Visiting Fellowships at Cleveland Clinic (USA) and Thorax-Centre (Rotterdam-Netherlands). To date he has performed over 80,000 procedures including Cath, PTCA’s, Valvuloplasty, etc.
DM (Card) AIIMS
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- Fellow of Cardiological Society of India (FCSI)
- Fellow of European Society of Cardiology (FESC)
- Fellow Society for Cardiovascular Angiography & Interventions (FSCAI)
Research and recent publications
- Editorial Board of “Heart” (UK) (2006-2011).
- Governing Board API 2010-2012.
- Member PRF Association of Physicians of India (2016-2019).
- Over 120 papers in National & International Journals.
- Served as the Hon. Editor of Indian Heart Journal (2006-2008).