Dr. Sameer Shrivastava is Director and HOD Non-invasive Cardiology and Head of Research Department at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi, India. His has more than 25 years of clinical and academic experience and expertise as a Cardiologist and an imaging expert. He is the Past President of Indian Academy of Echocardiography. He is on the Editorial board of Indian Heart Journal and Journal of Indian Academy of Echocardiography. He has edited Advanced Cardivascular Medicine: A book of Cardiological Society of India in 2016 and is co-editor of Atrial fibrillation update : A textbook of Cardiology (2016), Textbook of Echocardiography (2017), Cardiodiabetes: A Textbook of Cardiology (2018) and Comprehensive 2-D Echo & Doppler Book (2018). He is Peer reviewer at various journals. Dr. Sameer has over 100 publications including papers & full-length chapters in the leading textbooks to his credit. He has been guest faculty for various national and international conferences. In has received many awards for his contribution and works in the field of Cardiology. His latest awards during the last one year includes Distinguished Doctor Award, Indian Medical Association (South Delhi Branch), 2017; Outstanding Contribution in Cardiology in the World by XIIth World Congress on Clinical, Preventive Cardiology & Imaging 2017 and Scroll of Honor by Public Health Foundation of India for being Regional Faculty.
- First, Prize in All Karnataka Inter-college medical quiz competition 1991.
- Chairman"s appreciation award (Individual) IMA Academy of Medical Specialties- 1997-98
- Fellowship awarded by the Indian Academy of Echocardiography 2002
- Certificate of honour from the Gwalior Medicoes at Indian Medical Association on 1.8.2002.
- "Clinical Cardiologist of the Year 2003 award" on 29th June 2003 from IMA New Delhi branch in association with Heart Care foundation of India and IJCP group on Doctors Day.
- One of the ten distinguished doctors-2006 Honoured by Dr. Yoganand Shastri, Health Minister, Govt. of NCT of Delhi Lions club New Delhi Regency on the 28th January 2007.
- Fellowship awarded by the Indian Society of Cardiology 2008
- Distinguish Service Award and outstanding contribution in the field of cardiology in the world on 2nd October 2009 from World Congress on Clinical, Preventive & Geriatric Cardiology (WCCPGC).
- IMA NDB Chapter of IMA AMS Dr. J. J. Sood Memorial award for excellence March 2010.