Dr. Anil Saxena is an internationally acknowledged expert in the field of Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology. Since joining Fortis Escorts Heart Institute in 1989, Dr Saxena has been actively involved in setting up the department of Cardiac Electrophysiology. He is one of the pioneers in implantation of ICD and biventricular pacemakers in India and has one of the largest experiences in this field. He has been performing electrophysiological studies and ‘Radio Frequency Catheter Ablation’ for various complex cardiac arrhythmias for over 25 years, with thousands of successful procedures to his credit.
- Electrophysiological Study
- Catheter RF Ablation of Complex Arrhythmias
- 3D Mapping of Cardiac Arrhythmias with CARTO and Ensite
- Implantation of Permanent Pacemaker
- Implantation of ICD
- Implantation of Biventricular Pacemaker (CRT)
- Implantation of CRT-D (Combo Device)
- Lead Extraction
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Dr. O P Goel Memorial Oration award on 27-11-2004 by Indian Medical Association Meerut Branch.
- Shri G L Raturi Oration award on 24-03-2002 by Indian Medical Association Dehradun Branch.
- Dr. B L Kapoor memorial oration award on 26-03-2001 by Delhi Medical Association, New Delhi.
- Dr. O P Goel Memorial Oration award on 21-11-2001 by Indian Medical Association Meerut Branch.
- Prof. H S Mittal Memorial oration award on 26-03-2000 by Indian Medical Association Meerut Branch.
- Nagarik Samman award by Bareilly Jaycees for contribution and achievement in medicine on 20-02-05
MBBS from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur University in 1982.
MD from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur University in 1985
DNB from National Board of Examination, New Delhi in 1993.
Received specialized training in cardiac electrophysiology at St Luke Hospital, Wisconsin USA.
President of Indian Heart Rhythm Society (IHRS).
Task force member, EHRA/HRS/APHRS/LAHRS Consensus Document Writing Group.
Writing Committee member APHRS AF management guidelines.
Chairman of Web and Arrhythmia Subcommittee, Asia-Pacific Heart Rhythm Society.
Associate Editor PACE Journal.
Chief Editor APHRS Newsletter.
Member Editorial Board, Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology Journal.
Member Editorial Board, Indian Heart Journal.
Shri G L Raturi Oration award on 24-03-2002 by Indian Medical Association Dehradun Branch.
Dr B L Kapoor memorial oration award on 26-03-2001 by Delhi Medical Association, New Delhi.
Prof. H S Mittal Memorial oration award on 26-03-2000 by Indian Medical Association Meerut Branch.
Nagarik Samman award by Bareilly Jaycees for contribution and achievement in medicine on 20-02-05.
Founder member of executive committee of Indian Heart Rhythm Society.
Secretary, Indian Heart Rhythm Society.
Member of Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society.
Member of Heart Rhythm Society, USA.
Serving on editorial board of Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology Journal (www.ipej.org).
Training and Research Contributions:
Invited Faculty in numerous national and international Cardiology and Electrophysiology Conferences.
Experienced trainer, has conducted numerous national and international workshops to train doctors in electrophysiological, pacemaker, and ICD procedures.
Involved in several National and International Research Studies.
Demonstrated new electrophysiological techniques in many centres in India & abroad.
Published more than 30 papers and abstracts.