Dr. Ritwick Raj Bhuyan is a Director - Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute with more than 20 years of working experience in high-volume cardiothoracic centers in India and Australia. He has been associated with nearly 30,000 open heart procedures and independently performed about 12,000 complex open-heart procedures. Skills include pre-operative, operative and post-operative management of adult and pediatric cardiac and thoracic patients with extensive hands on operating experience.
- Associate Director, Cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi
- Senior Consultant, Cardiac Surgery – Max Hospital, Saket Senior Consultant, Cardiac Surgery – Max Hospital, Saket
- Senior Registrar, Adult cardiac Surgery- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Senior Registrar, Cardiac Surgery- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute, Trivandrum
- Senior Overseas Fellow, Cardiac Surgery- Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia
- Senior Registrar, Endoscopic Heart Surgery- Calvary Wakefield Hospital, Australia
- Senior Registrar, Minimal Access Heart Surgery- Ashford Hospital, Australia
MBBS from Guwahati Medical College, Assam
MS (General surgery)- Assam Medical College, Assam
M.Ch( CTVS)- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
Conferences and Workshops:
- Association of Otorhinolaryngological Society of India conferences, 1998, New Delhi
- Association of Cardiovascular Surgeons of India conference, Kochi-2005, Bangalore-2006.
- CME in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Trivandrum, Coimbatore
- Workshop on coronary Artery bypass grafting, Hyderabad, Calicut , India
- Workshop on Endosurgical Stapling devices, Chennai, India
- Vascular Society of India conference, Trivandrum-2005.
- Combined annual meeting of The Asian Society for Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (18th) and Indian Association of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgeons (56th),New Delhi , 2010
- ASCTS Conference , Queenstown, New Zealand , August 2011
- EACTS , 2013 , Vienna , Austria
- IACTSCON , Trivandrum , India , 2015
- EACTS , 2015, Amsterdam , Netherlands
- HEARTMATE 3 LIVE workshop , CHUV , Laussane , Switzerland , July , 2016
- IACTS , 2017 , Bangaluru
- AATS , Centinneal , 2017 , Boston , USA
- IACTS, 2018 , Vizag , India
- IACTS , 2019, Chennai ,India
- Medtronic Mitral valve repair Summit : Thailand Chest Institute , Bangkok , August , 2019
- SMICTSI , 2019 , Mumbai , India
Papers presented in Conferences :
1) Mid term results of coronary Endarterectomy-IACTSCON, 2006: Bangalore
2) Profile and Management of Lutembachers Syndrome. IACTSCON: 2006, Bangalore, India.
3) Clinical profile and results of Pneumonectomy - IACTSCON: 2006, Bangalore
4) Management of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm: IACTSCON: 2005: Kochi
5) Management of Thoraco abdominal aneurysm: Vascular Society of India Conference 2005, Trivandrum.
6) Clinical trial and results of Chitra Vascular grafts: Vascular Society of India Conference 2005, Trivandrum
7) Two Suture technique of Vascular anastomosis- Video presentation: Vascular Society of India Conference: 2005, Trivandrum.
8) Outcome of Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery in Indigenous Australian Population, ASCTS , 2011 , Queenstown , New Zealand
9) Techniques of venous drainage in MICS valve surgery : SMICTSI , 2019 , Mumbai , India
1) Bhuyan RR, Theodore S, Shymkrishnan KG, Koshy T, Neelakandhan KS, Right pulmonary artery compression by Tran’s esophageal echocardiography probe IJTCVS-2005.
2) Bhuyan RR, Sadiq A, Theodore S, Neelakandhan KS, Unnikrishnan M, Jayakumar K, Outcomes of surgical management of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm. IJTCVS-2006; 22, 132-136
3) Sinha P, Misra S, Unmikrishnan M, Bhuyan RR. Horse Shoe lung secondary to hypoplastic left lung for Pneumonectomy, JTCVA, 2007:21:250-252
4) Theodore S, Bhuyan RR, Krishna Manohar SR, NeelaKandhan KS, Accelerated Calcific degeneration of homologous pericardium resulting in pulmonary venous obstruction following Senning procedure IJTCVS: 2006; 22:22-24.
5) Rajneesh Duora, Manoranjon Mishra, Ritwick Raj Bhuyan, P Sankara Sharma, Karunakaran Jayakumar, Does transfusion of Residual cardiopulmonary bypass circuit blood increase post operative bleeding? A prospective randomised study in patients undergoing on pump cardiopulmonary bypass Asian Journal Of Transfusion Medicine: 2008:2: 51-55
6) Bhuyan RR, Rajendran S, Unnikrishnan M , JayakumarK, Successful Repair of Aorto bronchial fistula using circulatory arrest, ANZ J Surg ,2007, 77 (5):398-9
7) Xu Robert , Bhuyan RR , Edwards JRM : Staged Bentall Procedure and Extra Anatomical repair of Coaractation of Aorta , ANZ J Surg , 2016 ; 86 (4):310-11
8) BhuyanRR, Chaudhuri K, Crouch G, Edwards J, Worthigton M, Stuklis RG: Minimally Invasive Mitral Valve Procedures – The Current State :Minim Invasive Surg 2013; 2013 :679276
9) Narula J, Kumar N, Kumar S, Jaiswal S , Bhuyan RR : Left Atrial Thrombus : Is That About It ; J Card Crit Care ;2017 1: 45-49