Dr. Arif Mustaqueem is a Senior Consultant Cardiologist at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla in New Delhi. He has a vast experience of 19 years of practice in this field of cardiology. He has established his name and is well known amongst his colleagues, and patients. His practice can be described as a combination of ethics and modern medical science and humanity. Timely intervention to treat patients in best possible way is one of his important assets.
He has made himself available 24x7 for his patients and that helps relieve the anxiety of his patients from the fear of “what will happen if I fall sick during the night”. Besides clinical work, Cardiac Imaging is his passion. With imaging, he can reach to a definite diagnosis quickly, understand what is wrong with the patient to guide the treatment is the right direction.
He is very keen in teaching in junior doctors and is also actively involved in medical research. Public education with the aim to preserve health is again which interest him.
- Acute Cardiac Emergencies, including actue heart attack, acute heart failure.
- Chronic Coronary Artery Disease
- Hypertrophic and other Cardiomyopathy
- Cancer drug related Cardiac complication
My work as cardiologist include two separate roles:
- I have twice a week cardiology OPD
- I have attended to Emergency Cardiac Services for 15 years, where patients who report to ER with Acute Emergencies, including ACS and its complications, Pulmonary Embolism, Aortic Dissection, Acute Heart Failure, and Various Arrhythmias are being evaluated and stabilized and managed. Now after becoming senior consultant, I am on call for cardiac emergencies.
- I admit patients in ER, CCU and Ward and manage them accordingly.
- My hospital is a multispecialty hospital including Orthopedics, Nephrology, Neurology, Hepatology and Gastroenterology. Cross Consultation to assist them perioperatively.
- 2D Echocardiography from routine to patients undergoing cardiac transplant.
- Peripheral Doppler including Arterial and Venous Doppler, Carotid Artery Doppler, Renal Artery Doppler.
- Stress Echocardiography
- Strain Imaging and Contrast Imaging
- 3D Transthoracic and TEE
- Trans-Oesophageal Echocardiography
- In outpatient department
- In cardiac operation theatre, post op surgical patinets
- In cath lab to assist in structural heart disease, including TAVR, MitraClip, Alcohol Septal Ablation, Device closure of ASD, Paravalvular PHV leak closure
- EP Lab: Precardioversion and pre other EP procedure work up.
- I am actively involved in seminars and conferences at my hospital and national level doing presentations in various fields of cardiology.
- I have been Co-Guide to five candidates in their thesis for DNB CARDIOLOGY SUPERSPECIALITY:
- Echocardiographic assessment of left ventricular systolic and diastolic function in patients with permanent pacemaker by Dr.Jeewan Kumar Sharma (Batch – Feb 19, 2014 to Feb 18, 2017) Department of Cardiology, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi – 110025
- Echocardiographic assessment of lv diastolic function during stress test in patients with exertional dyspnea and normal lv systolic and diastolic function. by Dr Santosh Kumar Singh(Batch – April22, 2015 to April 21, 2018) Department of Cardiology, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi – 110025
- Echocardiographic assessment of ventricular diastolic dysfunction in patients with atrial fibrillation in rate vs rhythm. by: Dr. Keyur Pipaliya(Batch – Feb 19, 2016 to Feb 18, 2019) Department of Cardiology, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi – 110025
- Study of change in diastolic function after TAVR (transcatheter aortic valve replacement) Dr.ArshishRaut(Batch – Jan 2017 to Mar, 2020) Department of Cardiology, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi – 110025
- Echocardiographic predictors of successful cardioversion in patients with Atrial Fibrillation.Dr. Shafiq Zargar(Batch – January 2017 to March 2020) Department of Cardiology, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi – 110025
- CASE REPORT: Protein-C deficiency presenting as pulmonary embolism and myocardial infarction in the same patient. Syed Maqbool, Vishal Rastogi, Ashok Seth, Satbir Singh, Vijay Kumar and Arif Mustaqueem; Thrombosis Journal 2013, 11:19. http://www.thrombosisjournal.com/content/11/1/19
- Infective endocarditis prophylaxis – Current perspective. Rajesh K Pandit, MD; Arif Mustaqueem, MD, DNB; Sameer Shrivastava, MD, DM; Department of Cardiology, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla Road, New Delhi, India; J. Preventive Cardiology Vol. 2 No. 2 November 2012
- Poster Abstract: Use of ABSORB Bioresorbable vascular scaffold for treatment of Coronary Bifurcation lesions – “Real ABSORB Registry”. Ashok Seth, Vinayak Ravisekar, Vishal Rastogi, Vijay Kumar, Arif Mustaqueem Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla Road, New Delhi 110025, India; J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62(18_S1):B124-B124.
- TAVI is the future for AS, Surgery is the past. Arif Mustaqueem, S Maqbool, N kumar, D Kumar, Vijay kumar, Vishal Rastogi, Ashok Seth; Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla Road, New Delhi
- Prosthetic Heart Valves: State of art in technology and outcomes. Arif Mustaqueem M.D. (Medicine), DNB (Cardiology)
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation with Core Valve: First Indian experience of three high surgical risk patients with severe aortic stenosis. Ashok Seth,* Vishal Rastogi, Vijay Kumar, Syed Maqbool, Arif Mustaqueem, and V. Ravi Sekar; Indian Heart J. Jul 2013; 65(4): 395–399.
- Low-dose Dobutamine Echocardiography Predicts Recovery of Left Ventricular Systolic Function Following Revascularization Even in Presence of Low Contractile Reserve.Ravi R Kasliwal, Biswajit Paul, Arif Mustaqueem, Manish Bansal, Naresh Trehan Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi Indian Heart J 2006; 58: 120–125
- Low Dose Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography predicts recovery of dysfunctional segments and wall motion score index following revascularization by percutaneous coronary intervention. Kasliwal RR, Paul B, Arif Mustaqueem, Bansal M Escorts Heart Institute &Research Centre, New Delhi Presented at CSI 2005
- Revascularization improves left ventricular systolic function even in presence of low contractile reserve. Kasliwal RR, Paul B, Arif Mustaqueem, Bansal M, Trehan N Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi Presented at CSI 2005
- Cardiovascular disease in Afghanistan: Lessons from a community outreach Program. Ravi R. Kasliwal, Sameer Shrivastava, Manohar Shinde, Govind Goel, Arif Mustaqueem, Niraj Gupta, Pankaj Gupta, N. Chouhan, M. Bansal, Naresh Trehan, Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, Delhi Presented at CSI 2005
- A study of etiopathogenesis of ARF in an urban set up in Northern India, presented at Northern Chapter of Nephrological Society of India’1998, Arif Mustaqueem, A S Khan, I A Khan, M Aziz
- Comparison between standard and first peritoneal equilibration test, Indian Journal of Nephrology (Communication), F Rehman, A S Khan, S F Haque, Arif Mustaqueem
- A study of Plasma Alpha-2-mcroglobulin in diabetics patients with microalbuminuria, presented at Conference of Endocrine Society of India Conference’ 99, Arif Mustaqueem, J Ahmad, M Saleemuddin
- Ventricular Repolarization and Severity of Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy in patients of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A hospital based study. Mukesh Singh, SifatAfzaal, Arif Mustaqueem UPICON 2000.