How is Fortis Escorts Heart Institute the best Cardiology Hospital in Delhi NCR, India?
- With a legacy of over 33 years, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi has established itself as a pioneer in the field of cardiac care and is recognized for its path-breaking work and services to numerous heart patients. Armed with clinical expertise and cutting-edge technology, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute has enriched numerous lives through its world-class treatment and compassionate patient care. With Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan awardees serving as doctors, the hospital is recognized the world over as a centre of excellence, today.
- Best Hospital in Cardiology by ICICI Lombard & CNBC TV 18 2015.2016.2017
- Best Cardiology Hospital in India by The Week in 2014. 2015, 2016 & 2018, 2019,2020
- Best Hospital in Cardiology by Times Healthcare Achievers awards 2018
- Gold award in Healthcare Delivery Brand by IHW awards 2020
- Awarded as Best Hospital in cardiology – National by Economic Times Healthcare Awards 2021
- Received AHPI award 2021 for Excellence in Healthcare
- Best Interventional Cardiology & cardiac surgery Award in 2019 by Medical Value Travels
- Awarded with Excellence in Cardiac sciences by ABP Healthcare Leadership 2019
- Featured in Newsweek Best Hospitals 2021 for cardiology speciality
- Fortis Escorts has proven its epitome in cardiac care by pioneering in innovative and lesser invasive treatments like shockwave lithotripsy, Mitra clip, TAVR, PTCA, LVAD etc.
- Under the guidance of reputed Doctors with Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan and other world renowned, award-winning doctors with a cumulative experience of more than 500 years, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute is recognized as the Centre of Excellence in cardiology all over the world.
- FEHI has proved its benchmark,time and again,in paediatric cardiology ,it being the only private hospital in India with a highly experienced and multidisciplinary paediatric cardiology team.
- FEHI has acclaimed a reputation of a top - notch cardiac care institute with its outstanding efforts in research and innovative healthcare technology.FEHI is the first in the country to perform various new therapies such as:
- Mitra Clip
- Impella supported Complex Angioplasty
- Laser/Ultrasonic balloon
for heavily calcified arteries
- HIS Bundle Pacing
- Extra Cardiac Fontan
- Other recent achievements for FEHI
- Dr Ashok Seth was honored with the title “The Father of Modern Interventional Cardiology in India” in April, 2022 by the American Association of Cardiologists of Indian Origin (AACIO)
- Dr Ashok Seth was bestowed with The Lifetime Achievement award by the Executive committee of CSI Delhi Branch for year 2022.
- Dr Ashok Seth was awarded a prestigious Prof. Mahdi Hasan award for the year 2021 by Executive board of the Indian Academy of Biomedical Sciences (IABS)
What are the types of Cardiac Ailments faced by patients in Cardiology Hospitals in India?
Cardiac ailments or heart diseases are a group of disease which affect the heart and blood vessels of the body. These can be both,
- symptomatic or asymptomatic and
- either acute or chronic.
Cardiac ailments commonly faced by patients in India range from
- Cardiovascular diseases like Coronary Artery Diseases (CADs) and Atherosclerosis
- Angina, Heart attack or Myocardial Infarction,
- Structural defects of the heart like valvular defects and cardiomyopathies (muscular defects)
- Congenital heart defects like Atrial Septal Defect (ASD), Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD), tetralogy of Fallot, in both adult and paediatric patients.
- defect in electrical conduction of heart or Arrythmias or abnormal heart rhythm
- Infections of Heart like Rheumatoid Heart Disease
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Aortic aneurysms
- Pericardial defects like Pericarditis and Pericardial Effusion
What to expect from your visit at best cardiac hospital in India, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute?
If you are coming to Fortis Escorts, we understand that it might not be the best moment of your life. But we assure you that our team strives to make your stay in the hospital as comfortable and smooth as possible. Right from booking the first appointment till the patient’s requirement is met, patient experience is a priority for us at all steps.
- In the OPD clinic, our aim is to make this experience seamless for the patient and their families. Our doctors take their time talking and listening to you with adequate appointment slot duration of around 10-15 mins.
- Our doctors and other staff believe in engaging the patients in an informed decision-making.
- Our doctors are easily accessible through their coordinators and patients can get in touch with them on the phone or through secure email services.
- Doctors and their teams work in complete coordination to provide multidisciplinary and comprehensive care and services to patients suffering from heart diseases.
What are the treatments and procedures performed by a cardiologists at Fortis Okhla?
FEHI caters to a wide range of treatment facilities ranging from low-tech to high-tech therapies. Treatment for heart disease comprises medication, surgery and other interventional and diagnostic procedures both for children and adults.
With technologically advanced Cath labs and state-of-the-art OTs, our dedicated team of doctors and trained nursing staff has the capacity to perform a staggering 10000 CABGs every year.
Our doctors have the skills and expertise in performing Minimally invasive or Non-invasive cardiac interventions, advanced technology heart surgeries and Conventional Open-Heart surgeries.
Facilities- FEHI has 310 beds 13 Fully functional OTs, including 2 C-ARM & 1 laser and 5 Cath Labs including one EP Lab, a Dedicated ICU for highly critical patients with ECMO support, and 158 Critical Care Beds.
We have 2 Heart Stations equipped with the latest 3D Echocardiography machines, Nuclear Medicine technology with Gamma Camera and the Latest DR 6 X-ray machines (2 fixed and 4 mobile), Dual Head 256 slices CT Machine and an MRI machine with 1.5 T, USG machines, Bone Densitometer, Mammography machine and Adult Bronchoscope plus advanced Endoscopy Suites with EUS., Elastography and ERCP facility & ESWL Room
The team of cardiac specialists caters to a wide range of services and treatment facilities ranging low to high technology and advanced therapies.
Treatment for heart disease comprises of medications, surgeries and other interventional and diagnostic procedures.
With technologically advanced Cath labs and state of the art OTs, our dedicated and highly experienced team of doctors /trained nursing staff has the capacity to perform staggering 10000 CABGs every year.
Our doctors have the skills and expertise in performing Minimally invasive or Non-invasive cardiac interventions, Robotic heart surgeries and Conventional Open-Heart surgeries.
Non-invasive and Preventive cardiology: The services offered by the department are superior in quality and are available for both outpatients and inpatients. Some of such services provided are as mentioned
- Transthoracic Echocardiogram (TTE)
- Stress Echocardiogram
- Transoesophageal Echocardiogram (TEE)
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram
- Coronary Computed Tomography Angiogram (CTA)
- Exercise Stress Test with Nuclear Imaging
- Implantable Cardioverter/Defibrillators and Pacemaker Interrogation
- Heart monitors/Holter monitor
- Nuclear Cardiology
- EP Study (Diagnostic) and Ablation
- Angiography and Angioplasty of arteries of neck, leg, arm and kidney
- Heart failure device and AICD implantation
- Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty and Stenting
- ASD, VSD, PDA device closure
- Valvuloplasty- TAVR, TMVR
- Permanent Pacemaker (Single and Double Chamber)
- Endovascular aneurysm repair
- Aortic Surgery - Carried out to repair/replace aortic aneurysms & dissections
- Aortic Valve Surgery that is performed to repair or replace an aortic valve. The surgery can be carried out in the following different ways
- MAZE Procedures for AF
- Arrhythmia surgery - A surgical procedure to correct irregular heart rhythms such as atrial fibrillation or ventricular tachycardia.
- Corrective surgery to fix or treat a genetic heart defect or congenital heart surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) – off pump / keyhole
- Surgery for heart failure
Paediatric cardiology surgeries , cardiac defect repair treatments, TOF, AV Shunt,
- LVAD or Left ventricular assist device - A device that aids in the pumping function, thereby circulating blood inside the body.
- Left ventricular remodelling/surgical ventricular restoration – This is a technique that provides the heart with a more normal shape post a MI, allowing the heart to pump blood efficiently.
- Heart transplant - A surgery to treat end-stage heart failure - a condition that occurs when the heart can't pump enough oxygenated blood to meet the needs of the body's organs.
- Awake heart surgeries (on or off-pump cardiac surgeries under high thoracic epidural without general anaesthesia)
- Cardiothoracic and vascular procedures/surgery
- Major Aortic Cardiac Aneurysm Surgeries
- Minimal access aortic arch replacement
- Aortic surgery
- Endovascular aortic surgery
- At Fortis Escorts, our hospital is also equipped with dedicated Cardiothoracic ICUs with up to a 1:1 nursing ratio, 24X7. Each ICU is equipped with the following facilities:
Echocardiography (ECG) system
- Colour Doppler system
- Continuous oxygen supply
- Infusion pumps
- Pressure monitoring systems
- Temporary pacemaker both transdermal and transvenous
- Intra-aortic balloon pump
- ABG (Blood Gas machine)
- Electrolytes analysis machines
How proficient are the top 10 cardiologist in India at Fortis Escorts, in the treatment of heart problems?
How to book online consultation with the best cardiologist near me in Delhi, with Fortis Escorts Heart
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute is known as one of the premier institutes for cardiac care in India. It offers a multidisciplinary evidence- based approach for the treatment of its patients with utmost quality of care.
In case you require cardiac consultation, either Visit our website (www.fortisescorts.in) for online registration or MyFortis App (Click here ). You can also dial appointment desk (47135000 or 9818797557/ 606) or mail at email@example.com for booking your appointments.
FEHI team is always at your service to assist you in finding the best cardiologist suited for your condition, giving you the best guidance along the way. The expert team will go through patient medical history and suggest the appropriate plan accordingly. You can view detailed profiles of cardiac specialists on our website (link) to make an informed decision about the treating doctor.
Today it is recognized the world over as a Centre of Excellence providing care and treatments with the latest technology in Invasive, Interventional or non-invasive cardiology. FEHI is made up of our pool of skilled and experienced team of doctors.
What kinds of tests do best cardiologists in South Delhi, at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute perform on
How do best cardiac doctors in India choose your Cardiac treatment plan?
Our highly trained and skilled cardiologists plan your treatment on the basis of latest and apt diagnostic tools like 3D ECHO, Holter, TEE, TILT, and other advanced cardiac tests. Patient comfort and convenience is our doctor’s utmost priority, hence only tests deemed necessary and important for the diagnosis are prescribed. Patient first and excellence in service is our preference and they avoid putting unnecessary burden of tests on the patients and their families at all times. Some important diagnostic cardiology tests are
- Stress tests
- Heart monitors
- Holter monitor or cardiac event recorder
- Cardiac CT scans
- Coronary Angiography
What are the common types of heart ailments treated by cardiac specialists?
Some most common Cardiovascular and Thoracic ailments and conditions which are routinely being treated at FEHI are
- Congenital Heart Diseases and structural anomalies
- High blood pressure / uncontrolled hypertension
- Unstable Angina
- Heart attack / Myocardial Infarction
- Valvular Defects and diseases- Endocarditis, Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Cardiomyopathy- Enlarged or Restrictive
- Abnormal/ Irregular heart rhythms or arrythmias
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac murmurs
- Heart Failure
- Myocardial dysfunction
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Triple vessel disease
- Aortic stenosis
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Endovascular diseases
- Peripheral vascular diseases- Varicose veins
- Deep vein Thrombosis
- Tetralogy of Fallot
With a legacy of over 33 years, department of Cardiac Sciences at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi has established itself as a pioneer in the field of cardiac care, and is recognised for its path-breaking work and services to numerous heart patients. Armed with clinical expertise and cutting-edge technology, the department of Cardiac Sciences has enriched numerous lives through its world-class treatment and compassionate patient care. With Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan awardees serving as doctors, the department is recognised the world over as a centre of excellence, today.
Our team of experts specialise in cardiac by-pass surgery, minimally invasive surgery, interventional cardiology, and non-invasive cardiology. Department of Cardiac Sciences at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla consists of state-of-the-art technologies, world-class infrastructure and evidence driven professional cardiologists to provide all cardiovascular services under one roof for children, adults & elderly.
A left ventricular assist device (LVAD) is a pump that we use for patients who have reached end-stage heart failure. We surgically implant the LVAD, a battery-operated, mechanical pump, which then helps the left ventricle (main pumping chamber of the heart) pump blood to the rest of the body.
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) is a well-proven procedure for aortic valve replacement in people who are considered as high risk patients for Open Heart Surgery. In this procedure, a new aortic valve is fixed without removing the old, damaged valve with the help of a specialised catheter through a process similar to stenting. A new artificial valve wedges into the place of the older aortic valve.
An electrophysiology (EP) study is a test performed to assess your heart's electrical system or activity and is used to diagnose abnormal heartbeats or arrhythmia. The test is performed by inserting catheters and then wire electrodes, which measure electrical activity, through blood vessels that enter the heart.
Advanced Heart Failure Program
Heart Failure doesn’t mean heart fail; in fact, it is condition in which heart cannot pump enough blood to meet body’s need. It is a condition which develops over time. The Advanced Heart Failure program is backed by a comprehensive team of 40 doctors, who have a cumulative surgical and clinical expertise of more than 30 years. The Advanced Heart Failure program is equipped with newest technology and backed by adept clinical and surgical expertise for handling any critical procedures.