Simple ways to protect Your Kidneys
One in ten adults has chronic kidney disease (CKD). CKD is projected to become the fifth most common cause of shortening life spans globally by 2040. this year, the theme of World Kidney Day was Kidney Health for everyone everywhere - from prevention to detection and equitable access to care. The aim is to continue to raise awareness about increasing burden of Kidney disease and to highlight simple measures for prevention and detection for everyone, everywhere. Dr. Sanjeev Gulati , Senior Nephrologist, Delhi advises the people to stay away from alternative systems of medicine.
- He says Kidney Disease can be prevented by following these steps:
- Stays Active, take enough fluids, eat healthy diet and avoid smoking
- Do not take over-the-counter painkillers
- Get your Kidneys checked regularly
- Check the control blood sugar and pressure