Plastic surgery is a surgical specialty focusing on the reconstruction, alteration or the restoration of the human body. It is dedicated to reconstruction of facial and body defects due to various reasons such as diseases, birth disorders, burns and trauma. Plastic Surgery involves correction of disfigured areas of the body that makes it reconstructive in nature. Reconstructive plastic surgery is done to correct functional impairments caused by traumatic injuries like facial bone fractures and breaks, burns, birth abnormalities like cleft palates, cleft lips, cancer or tumours, infection, disease and developmental abnormalities. Reconstructive plastic surgery is usually done to improve function, but it may also be done to restore a normal appearance. At Fortis Escorts Department of Cosmetic Surgery, we have a team of highly experienced surgeons and technicians, with the state of the art equipment at par with the latest technology to treat disorders with effective yet minimally invasive plastic reconstruction methods.
- OAllergy skin tests Allergy skin tests are done to identify any signs of allergic reaction. During these tests, a patient’s skin is exposed to allergy-causing substances called allergens, and is then examined for signs of an allergic reaction.
- Arm lift Also known as Brachioplasty, it is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the under portion of your upper arms. An arm lift is done to remove excess skin and fat from the underarms (the area between the armpit and elbow) to give it a more toned look.
- Blepharoplasty t is a surgical procedure to repair droopy eyelids. A Blepharoplasty may involve removing excess skin, fat and muscle.
- Botox injections Botox injections are primarily known for their ability to reduce the appearance of some facial wrinkles. However, they are also used to treat problems such as excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), overactive bladder, repetitive neck spasms (cervical dystonia), and some causes of crossed eyes. They are also known to help prevent chronic migraines in some people.
- Breast augmentation It is a surgical procedure to increase the size of the breasts. During a breast augmentation, breast implants are surgically placed under the breast tissue or chest muscles to increase the size.
- Face transplant It is a treatment option for people with severe facial disfigurement. A face transplant replaces all or part of a person's face with donor tissue from a deceased person to treat the disfigurements and improve the appearance of the face.
- Face-Lift It is a cosmetic surgical procedure to improve the overall appearance of your face and neck.
- Laser hair removal Laser hair removal is a medical procedure which involves the use of a laser to remove unwanted hair.
- Liposuction Liposuction is a surgical procedure that involves the use of a suction technique to remove excess fat from specific areas of the body, such as from the buttocks, hips, abdomen, arms, neck and thighs. It also helps in shaping (contouring) these areas.
- Rhinoplasty Rhinoplasty also known as nose surgery, is a surgery that changes the shape and appearance of the nose. The reasons to go for a rhinoplasty may be to change the function of the nose or its appearance or both.
- Abdominoplasty Also known as tummy tuck, it is a cosmetic surgical procedure to improve the shape and appearance of the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat from the abdomen. The connective tissues in the abdomen are tightened with sutures as well and the remaining skin is then repositioned to give a more toned look.
Breast Lift Usually done after a mastectomy (surgery in which the patient’s breasts are removed to treat or prevent breast cancer), Breast Reconstruction is a surgical procedure that rebuilds and restores the shape of the breast that was removed and may involve the use of breast implants to reshape your breasts.
Laser resurfacing Laser resurfacing is a skin resurfacing procedure that involves the use a laser to improve the appearance of a patient’s minor facial flaws. Laser resurfacing not only can decrease the appearance of facial fine lines, but also treat loss of skin tone and improve the skin complexion if the patient has scars or sun damage.
Plastic and reconstructive surgeons receive special training to minimize the size of the scars and make them almost unnoticeable.
Although many types of plastic and reconstructive surgeries have very few risks, no procedure is completely risk-free. The risks vary according to the patient’s health and the type of procedure being done and can range from slight scarring to serious infections, however they are rare.
The results of Liposuction are long lasting, provided the patient maintains a healthy life-style, including exercise and a sensible diet. After the fat cells have been removed, any fat gain will be distributed more evenly over the rest of the body due to lack of a preferential fat storage area.
The recovery time depends on the patient and the type of reconstructive surgery done. Having said that most reconstructive surgeries require one to two weeks of healing time.