The department of Neuro Sciences is a super-specialty setup concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of disorders that affect the Brain, Spine and Peripheral Nerves.
The department has professional expertise in all disciplines of neurosciences and is equipped with latest high-end technology.
The neurosciences team is committed to provide highest standards of surgical & non-medical treatment based on best scientific knowledge with human touch. The team comprises of Competent Neurologists, Neuro-surgeons, Neuro-interventionists, Psychologist, Neuro-Nurses and Rehabilitation experts working in tandem to deliver world class healthcare.
24 X 7 Acute Stroke (Paralysis) Management
FAST (Fortis Acute Stroke Treatment) program
- Stroke is emerging as the 3rd largest cause of Mortality Worldwide.
- FAST is a comprehensive protocol based treatment facility for Acute ischemic stroke (brain paralysis) patients who come to us within the ' Golden Period ' i.e around 4-6 hrs of the stroke. Intravenous thrombolysis, intra-arterial thrombolysis or mechanic evacuation of the clot is done to minimize the damage caused by the blocked blood vessels in the Brain.
- The FAST program is a team work between the ER ,Critical care Team, Neurologist, Radiologist, Neurosurgeon and the Neuro-interventionist ensuring a 24x7 care and initiating Thrombolytic (Clot busting) treatment of eligible stroke patients as fast as possible.
- A standardized protocol based action pathway is followed from the time patients enter the triage till he receives the treatment, to reduce the ' door to needle time' for maximum treatment benefit.
24 X 7 Trauma / Emergency Services
- Experienced medical professionals.
- Ambulance Services with transport ventilator & monitor.
24 X 7 Neuro Diagnostics
- Spiral CT Scan
- Electrophysiological tests
- Digital X-Rays
State- of - art Neuro Critical Care Unit
- Advanced Ventilators
- Multi Parameter monitors with central monitoring
- Motorized Beds
The Neuro Sciences unit offers services in the treatment of:
- BRAIN DISEASES
- Stroke/Brain Attack
- Headache and Backache
- Epilepsies & Seizure Disorder
- Brain Hemorrhage
- Infections of Brain
- Movement Disorders (Eg., Parkinsonism)
- Nerve-Muscle Disorders
- Degenerative Disorders
- Brain Tumors
- Head Injury
- SPINE DISEASES
- Carotid Artery disease
- Slipped Disc (Cervical & Lumbar)
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Spine Trauma
- Spine Tumors
- Infections of the spine (T.B. etc)