Liver & Digestive Diseases
The Liver & Digestive Diseases Institute at Fortis Escorts Facility provides extensive top-notch care for a wide span of gastrointestinal, pancreatic and liver conditions through a highly qualified, experienced team of doctors facilitated by state-of-the-art technology. The institute prides itself in providing compassionate care in a soothing ambience with primary focus on patient satisfaction.
The Gastroenterology and Hepatobiliary Sciences Programme is directed by world renowned Doctors, super-subspecialists and speciality nurses, all committed to integrating their exceptional medical expertise, technology and innovation to offer best-in-class facilities.
Acute Liver Failure Unit
Dedicated ICU for ALF patients
State-of-the-art care tailored to ALF & its complications
Artificial Liver Support
- GI Surgery
- Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal surgery for oesophagus, stomach, and colon cancer or other benign conditions
- Minimal Access & Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery for biliary stones, oesophageal and colon diseases, Hernia, Bariatric
- HBP Surgery (Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery)
- Liver Transplant
- Liver, Biliary and Pancreatic Surgery for cancers and benign disorders
- Liver Trauma - Operative & Non-operative Management
- Biliary drainage
- Bleeding control
- Liver cancer - Tumor ablation, etc
- IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease)
- Gut Motility /Constipation
- Paediatric Gastroenterology
- Dietetics & Nutrition
- Preventive Health
- Psychology Counselling Support
- Intensive Care Support
- Stoma Care
- Transfusion Medicine
- Palliative Care
- End of Life Care
Articles And Brochures
The institute has a complete spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic equipment, including several state-of-the-art technologies, such as:
- Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopes - Olympus 190 series with Narrow Band Imaging (NBI) and Magnification Endoscopy and NBI.
- Colonoscopes - Adult and Paediatric, Olympus 190 series, with NBI facility
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography (ERCP) - Olympus 180 series
- Echo-endoscopes, Radial and Linear, IDUS, Rectal probes, Miniprobe with EUH2 Processor
- Argon Plasma Coagulation (APC) with ERBE (Vio 200D)
- Capsule Endoscopy
- High resolution Manometry for motility and pressure studies of Upper & Lower GI tract. AnorectalManometry is used for assessing constipation. High resolution Manometry Using MMS (Medical Measurement System) helps in advance study of gut motility.
- 24 Hours pH metry helps in study of reflux.
- Endoscope disinfecting and sterilising equipment to ensure safe and clean Endoscopy.
- State-of-the-art Image Intensifier and Fluoroscopic Equipment for performing complex Therapeutic procedures, in partnership with Interventional Radiology.
- USG (Ultrasound) - State-of-the-art USG for abdominal, trans-vaginal, vascular, musculo - Skeletal and soft tissue imaging equipped with colour Doppler facility.
- Fibroscan/Elastography - It is a safe, simple and non-invasive method for assessing Liver Health. The equipment uses, the most advanced technology of fibrosis a steatosis quantification that aids an intelligent solution to clinical diagnosis. This unique, Accurate and efficient device brings extra clinical edge to patient management.
- Breath Test - Weakness of the intestine causing impaired digestion can now be diagnosed by measuring 'gases' in the breath generated by undigested food. This unique painless facility helps diagnose disorders of digestion and absorption.
- Urea Breath Tests for H. pylori (without endoscopy)
Overview of Liver Transplant
Liver transplant refers to a surgical procedure to remove a diseased liver and replace it with a healthy liver from a donor. Most liver transplant operations use livers from deceased donors, however a liver may also come from a living donor. A liver transplant is needed when the liver fails to function adequately. A liver failure can be sudden (acute liver failure) as a result of viral hepatitis, drug-induced injury or infection or it can occur slowly over months and years (chronic liver failure).
At Fortis Escorts, Liver Transplants are performed by country's most experienced and patient friendly team of experts who have excellent records in terms of patient care and outcomes. The Liver & Digestive Diseases Institute provides comprehensive high-end care for a wide spectrum of liver disorders through a highly qualified, experienced team of specialists supported by state-of-the-art technology. The institute prides itself in providing compassionate care in a soothing ambience with a high premium on patient satisfaction. Our team brings together the best brains in the country who have worked at various centres across the globe under one unit with a rich cumulative experience of working at various successful Transplant centres in India, as the outcome matters while choosing a hospital for your Liver Transplant.
Overview of Endoscopic Ultrasound
Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) is an ultrasound examination, or an ultrasound-guided procedure done from inside the body. When you go for a traditional ultrasound examination, the doctor places an ultrasound probe on your tummy or other areas to study them. However, in the case of EUS, the ultrasound probe is part of the endoscope itself, and so can be passed inside the body.
- EUS guided tissue acquisition
- Therapeutic EUS
- EUS elastography
- Contrast enhanced EUS (CE-EUS)
- Miniprobe ultrasound
- Intra-ductal ultrasound (IDUS)
TreatmentWe take your clinical and prior imaging results into account and strive to provide you with clinically meaningful reports, not just informal jargon. Our reports come with suggestions for follow ups and further tests if needed, and help to direct your clinical care.
Dr.Vivek Vij (CHIEF TRANSPLANT SURGEON AND PROJECT DIRECTOR) Dr.Vivek Vij is the founder of Liver transplantation and Hepatobiliary Sciences at Fortis group of Hospitals. He and his team have a growing experience of over 2500 liver transplant surgeries, holding an astonishing record of 95% patient and 100% donor success rate.
Dr. Pankaj PuriDr (Brig) Pankaj Puri, MD, DNB, DM (Gastroenterology), FRCP (Edinburgh), FRCP (London) is the Director of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Fortis Escorts Liver and Digestive Diseases Institute, Okhla, New Delhi. An Alumnus of Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. Dr Puri completed his MD (Medicine) from Pune University and DM (Gastroenterology) from PGIMER, Chandigarh. He has done fellowship in Liver transplant at London, UK
Dr. Nishant Nagpal Gastroenterology / Hepatobilliary Sciences