Additional Director, Minimal Access,Bariatric & GI Surgery
MINIMAL ACCESS, BARIATRIC, & GASTROINTESTINAL SURGERY & GENERAL SURGERY
CLINICAL INTEREST AND PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT:
CLINICAL INTEREST : DR. SANJAY VERMA IS A MINIMAL ACCESS BARIATIC AND GI SURGEON- HIS INTEREST IS IN PERFORMING ALL ADVANCED LAPROSCOPIC GI COLORACTAL & BARIATRIC AND METABOLIC SURGERY, APART FROM ALL ROUTINE LAPROSCOPIC SURGERY.
PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT : DR. SANJAY VERMA IS AN ADVANCED LAPROSCOPIC GI & BARIATRIC SURGEON. HE HAS GOT THE TRAINING FROM VARIOUS RENOWED INSTITUTE OF COUNTRY.
IN FORTIS ESCORTS, OKHLA HE IS A SR. CONSULTANT MINIMAL ACCESS, BARIATRIC, & GASTROINTESTINAL SURGERY & GENERAL SURGERY. HE IS PERFORMING ALL ADVANCED LAPROSCOPIC GI AND BARIATRIC SURGERY.
Procedures we are doing:-
Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Common Bile duct Stones (Laparoscopic & endoscopic)
- Laparoscopy for Achalasia Cardia
- Laparoscopy for Hiatus Hernia
- Laparoscopy for Pseudopancreatic Cysts
- Laparoscopy in various Liver Cysts
- Laparoscopic for Splenectomy
- Laparoscopic for Rectal Prolapse
- STARR (Stapled Trans-Anal Rectal Resection)
- Laproscopic right and left hemicolectomy
- Laproscopic sigmoid colectomy
- Lap APR
- Laproscopic all advanced colorectal surgery
- Laproscopic rectal prolapse surgery
- MIPH (stapled hemmoriodectomy) for piles
Basic Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery Gall Stone
- Laparoscopic Appendicectomy
- Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
- Stapler Haemorrhoidectomy / MIPH (Minimally Invasive Procedure for PILES)
- VAAFT (Video Assisted Anal Fistula Treamtment) Surgery
- Oesophagectomy (Cancer of the Oesophagus)
- Whipple Procedure (Pancreatic Cancer)
- Liver Resections
- Surgery for Portal Hypertension
WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY
- LAGB (Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding)
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Gastric By-Pass
- Revision Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeries
Benign & Malignant condition of
- Fortis Hospital Vasant Kunj as a Senior Consultant minimal acess Bariatric and GI SURGRY from jan 2008 till September 2016
- Consultant in n minimal acess and GI SURGERY in Handa hospital April 2006 to Jan 2008
- RAM MANOHAR LOHIA HOSPITAL NEW DELHI : Senior Residency: RML HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI.
- LAL BHADUR SHASTRI HOSPITAL EAST DELHI FROM MAY 2001 TO JUNE 2002 as Senior Resident
MBBS, M.S., FIAGES, FMAS
MEMBERSHIPS & OTHER POSITIONS
- IAGES – Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons
- AMASI – Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- ASI – Association of Surgeons of India Delhi Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India
- IMA – Indian Medical Association
- DMA (South Delhi Branch) – Delhi Medical Association
- HSI – Hernia Society of India
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS:
- FMAS (Fellowship of Minimal Access Surgeons of India). Fellowship for practicing Minimal Access Surgery in India & supported by Medical Council of India and Association of Surgeons of India in FIAGES (Fellowship of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons), Fellowship for practicing Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgeries
- Part of Course and operative team– Surgeon to Surgeon Visitation Program: Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery on 2015, affiliated to Boston University School of Medicine at Fortis Hospital Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. 18th & 19thof July 2015.
- Part of Operative team at Department of Surgery, PGIMER & Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi. To demonstrate and teach Bariatric & Metabolic procedures. June 2015.
- Member of Operative team for Workshop & CME on " Needloscopy", Feb 2015. Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.
- Part of Operative team, as part of EISE training to Surgeons of SAARC Countries, Live workshop of Bariatric & Advanced Laparoscopic procedures from Fortis Vasant Kunj to Dacca Medical College, May 2015.
- Part of Operative team, as part of EISE training to surgeons, Live workshop of Bariatric & Metabolic procedures, Fortis Vasant Kunj to EISE, Kirti Nagar, April 2015.
- Course and operative member at the “International workshop & CME in Endohernia Step 2.0”, Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. September 2014.
- Part of Course and operative member at Workshop & CME in Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery. Fortis Hospital Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.June 2014.
- Operative member at the CME and workshop in Bariatric & Metabolic procedures, NovaSpeciality Hospital, New Delhi. March 2014.
- Member of Operative team at the “SURGICON 2013″, for Bariatric Surgery at the PGIMER & Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, December 2013.
- Course coordinator and member of Operative team at a Endohernia Workshop and CME, Fortis Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, August 2013.
- Course coordinator and member of Operative team at a Endohernia Workshop and CME, FortisVasant Kunj, New Delhi, February 2013.
- Member of operative faculty at the CME and workshop on Minimally Invasive procedure for Hemorrhoids and STARR, Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. November 2012.
- Course coordinator and member of Operative Faculty at the certified Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric workshop, Fortis Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, December 2011.
- Operative Faculty at the CME and workshop on Minimally Invasive Procedure for Hemorrhoids, Fortis Hospital, VasantKunj, New Delhi. March 2011.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATION:
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy In Indian Population- Our Midterm Results, Fortis Medical Journal, Oct14-Dec14, Volume 7. Issue 04. RandeepWadhawan, AsimLaharwal, Hemanth Kumar, Muneendra Gupta, Sanjay Verma
- Clinical Presentations Of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumours. Our experience in their management, Fortis Medical Journal, April – June 2013. RandeepWadhawan, Subrat Raul, Muneendra Gupta, Sanjay Verma, Hemanth Kumar.
- Management of Intestinal Obstruction Following Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy Journal of Minimal Access Surgery October – December2012. volume8. issue4. pages 149-151. Randeep Wadhawan, Subrat Raul, Muneendra Gupta, Sanjay Verma.
Published Abstracts In Indexed Journals:
- COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF STAGED VERSUS SINGLE STAGE REVISION OF FAILED ADJUSTABLE GASTRIC BAND. Randeep Wadhawan, Hemanth Kumar, Muneendra Gupta, Sanjay Verma, Asim Laharwal. OBES SURG (2015) 25 (Suppl 1): S1–S364
- THE JOURNEY FROM A POTENTIAL KIDNEY RECIPIENT TO A KIDNEY DONOR SUBSEQUENT TO A METABOLIC SURGERY. Randeep Wadhawan, Hemanth Kumar, Muneendra Gupta, Sanjay Verma, Asim Laharwal OBES SURG (2015) 25 (Suppl 1):S1–S364.
- Laparoscopic Totally Extraperitoneal Repair Of Groin Hernia With 3DMAX Mesh Without Fixation - Our Results.Hernia. The World Journal Of Hernia.April 2015. Volume 19.(Suppl2):S195-S340. R.Wadhawan, M Gupta, A Laharwal. Sanjay verma
- Revision Of Sleeve Gastrectomy To Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass – Our Results Journal of Obesity and Metabolic Research.January 2015.Volume2.Issue1. Abstracts for OSSICON 2015 pages 44-68. Randeep Wadhawan, Muneendra Gupta, Sanjay Verma
- Utility of Peroperative and Postoperative Leak Tests – Our Retrospective Analysis. Journal of Obesity and Metabolic Research. January 2015. Volume2.Issue1. Abstracts for OSSICON 2015 pages 44-68. Randeep Wadhawan, Hemanth Kumar Sanjay verma, AsimLaharwal
- Complication Of A Displaced Bougie During A Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy- Rescue By Conversion To Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass. OBES SURG(2012)221315-1419. Abstracts from the XVII World Congress of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO), New Delhi 11–15 September, 2012 Randeep Wadhawan, Muneendra Gupta, Subrat Raul, Sanjay Verma, Farid Shah
- Early And Midterm Outcomes Of a Single Stage Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy – A Comparison Between BMI<50Kg/m2 And BMI>50Kg/m2 OBES SURG(2012)22. 1315-1419. Abstracts from the XVII World Congress of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO), New Delhi 11–15 September, 2012. Randeep Wadhawan, Muneendra Gupta, Subrat Raul, Sanjay Verma, Farid Shah