Director, Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Dr (Brig) Pankaj Puri
MD, DNB, DM (Gastroenterology), FRCP (Edinburgh). FRCP (London)
Dr (Brig) Pankaj Puri, MD, DNB, DM (Gastroenterology), FRCP (Edinburgh), FRCP (London) is the Director of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Fortis Escorts Liver and Digestive Diseases Institute, Okhla, New Delhi. An Alumnus of Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. Dr Puri completed his MD (Medicine) from Pune University and DM (Gastroenterology) from PGIMER, Chandigarh. He has done fellowship in Liver transplant at London, UK. He was earlier the Head of Department, Gastroenterology and Hepatobiliary Sciences, at the Army Hospital (Research Referral), New Delhi, where he was instrumental in development of a successful liver transplant program. He was formerly Professor of Medicine at Delhi University and has also held the appointment of Professor and Head of Internal Medicine at Armed Forces Medical College Pune. He is served as Governing Council member for Indian National Association for study of Liver and has over 80 publications to his name. Dr Pankaj Puri has two decades of experience in Gastroenterology and Hepatology. His areas of interest include treatment of hepatitis B and C, chronic liver disease, liver transplantation and advanced endoscopic procedures and is an expert in diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, ERCP and Liver Transplantation.
- MBBS 1985 Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- MD (General Medicine) 1992 Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- DNB (General Medicine) 1992 National Board of Examination, New Delhi
- DM (Gastroenterology) 1999 Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
- Clinical Fellow (Liver transplant) 2006 Kings College Hospital, London (Jan 2006-July 2006)
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians, London
- Currently Treasurer in the Governing Council, Indian Association for the study of Liver 2010-2012.
- Served earlier as member of Governing Council, Indian Association for the study of Liver 2010-2012.
- Co-opted member of Governing Council of Indian Society of Gastroenterology 2008- to 2010.
- Member Editorial Board in Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology.
- Life member of Indian Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- Life member of Association of Physicians of India.
- Served as a senior Consultant Gastroenterology & Hepatology in Indian Armed Forces till Dec 2017.
- Instrumental in development of the first successful liver transplant programin the government service in the Armed Forces