Dr. Sunita Gudwani
Years of experience
NeuroRehabilitation, Speech Therapy & Audiology
She has represented her knowledge on international and national platforms in conferences, symposiums andworkshops. She is having clinical expertise in
- NeuroRehabilitation for cortical, subcortical and brainstem disorders Diagnostics and Rehabilitation of disorders/ problems -
- Geriatric (ageing, Alzheimer’s, dementia)
- Acquired (aphasia, dysarthria, cognitive impairments)
- Post-surgery oro-pharyngeal-laryngeal problems (skull-based surgeries, CABG, prolonged anaesthesia)
- Degenerative movement (Parkinsonism)
- Impairments - sensory (auditory), multiple
- Neurodevelopmental - learning (LD), reading (dyslexia), autism, PDD, memory (working memory), language (comprehensive, expressive), behavioural (ADHD)
- Acute, chronic vertigo
- Swallowing assessment- Clinical Examination and Dynamic MRI
- Vertigo assessment and management
- Tinnitus assessment and management
Familiarity with equipments and tests
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), dynamic, functional MRI& MR spectroscopy- imaging in Philips (3T) and Siemens (1.5T) MR scanners, Highfield MR (7T,Bruker) scanners
- Electrophysiological auditory evoked potentials (brainstem, ABR; Subcortical, MLR, MMN; Cortical, LLR, P300)
- Diagnostic techniques- Stroboscopy, Electroglottography, Palatography, Acoustic analysis; Vestibular functions- VEMP, Dix-Hallpike test, ENG
- International Travel Grant awarded by Movement Disorder Society, USA to attend the 21stInternational Congress Meeting held at Vancouver, Canada from 4th June to 8th June 2017.
- PhD Fellowship awarded by AIIMS, New Delhi during PhD tenure at AIIMS, New Delhi from 1stSeptember 2014 to 28th Feb 2015.
- M.Phil Fellowship awarded by UGC during Pre-PhD program in JNU, New Delhi from 4th August 2011to 5th January 2012.
- First Order Award (Silver Medal) awarded by PGIMER, Chandigarh during M.Sc. (Speech & Hearing)in PGIMER, Chandigarh from Jan 2006 to Dec 2007.