Dr. Chandra is a graduate and post graduate in internal medicine from J N Medical College, Aligarh (1987). He pursued his DM cardiology degree from country‘s premier institution-the All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi in 1991 and went on to serve as faculty member at AIIMS till 1998. He was trained at Washington University Hospital, USA and pursued fellow courses for enhanced learning in AICD, Biventricular pacemaker implantation and carotid stenting in France and Belgium. He has published over 100 papers and participated at prestigious forum across major international meetings. Dr. Chandra is a recipient of prestigious Sujoy B. Roy and Col. K L Chopra young investigator award by Cardiology Society of India.
English / Hindi
Total Years of Experience:
Faculty Member at Cardiology Department, All India Institute of Medical Sciences,New Delhi (1993-1998). His clinical experience in practice ranges from Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi to Narender Mohan Hospital & Heart Center Delhi, NCR for over 12 years, where his dedication towards patient care enabled him to cross a mark of 20,000 interventional procedure of all kinds. These procedures included complex coronary interventions, Balloon Mitral Valvoplasty, Peripheral and Carotid interventions and implantation of devices like AICD and biventricular pacemaker being performed with great ease and impeccable safety record.
Dr. Subhash Chandra completed his MBBS and M.D. (Internal Medicine) from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Aligarh in 1984 and 1987. He acquired his D.M. (Cardiology) from AIIMS, New Delhi in 1992.
- Visiting fellow interventional cardiology, Rouen, France – 1993.
- Fellow CRT course: Crossings Brussels,Belgium 2005
- Fellow Carotid Interventions: Crossings, Brussels,Belgium
- Faculty at TCT,Euro-PCR,TCT-AsiaPacific,PCR-AsiaPacific,and numerous international meetings.
- On Advisory Panel of MSD Pharmacurticals,LPP(Proctor,John Hopkins University Educational Programme),Bohringer SPAF Academy
- Proctor on panel of Medtronic CRM
Life Member - CSI
Coronary interventions, Balloon Mitral Valvoplasty, Peripheral and Carotid interventions and implantation of devices like AICD and biventricular pacemaker being performed with great ease and impeccable safety record.
Awards & Expertise:
1978 - Stood Second in National Pre-medical test.
1981 - Stood third in M.B.B.S. (Second Professional ).
1981 - Medal in Microbiology Pathology
1982 - Medal in Ophthalmology
1978-1984 - Merit Scholarship recipient all throughout M.B.B.S. course
1989 - Sujoy B. Roy Young Investigator Award. Cardiological Society of India.
5th Annual Conference 1989- Paper awarded: Natarajan D, Chandra S, Sharma VP, Nigam PD.
Alterations in left ventricular outflow obstruction and isovolumic relaxation time with oral diltiazem in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
1993 - Col. K.L. Chopra Research Award, Cardiological Society of India
9th Annual Conference 1993 -Paper awarded:
Chandra S. Bahl VK. Malhotra A. Wasir HS.
Comparison of dobutamine infusion and exercise during radionuclide
Ventriculography in the risk stratification after acute myocardial infarction.
1997 - Sujoy B. Roy Young Investigator Award, Cardiological Society of India. 13th Annual Conference 1997.
Chandra S, Mishra S. Bahl VK, Manchanda SC, Wasir HS.
Differential response to cardio-pulmonary exercise testing following
percutaneous transvenous mitral commissurotomy (PTMC)
Research and Publication:
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Goswami KC, Manchanda Sc. Crosswire for recanalization of total occlusive coronary arteries. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1998 Nov; 45(3):323-7; discussion 328.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Goswami KC, Manchanda Sc. Balloon aortic valvuloplasty in young adults by antegrade, transseptal approach using Inoue balloon. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1998 Jul; 44(3):297-301.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S. Inoue balloon for dilatation of aortic stenosis. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1998 Jun; 44(2):248.
- Wali JP, Biswas A, Chandra S, Malhotra A, Aggarwal P, Handa R. Wig N. Bahl VK. Cardiac involvement in Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever. Int J Cardiol. 1998 Mar13;64(1):31-6.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Goswami KC. Combined mitral and aortic valvuloplasty by antegrade transseptal approach using Inoue balloon catheter. Inj J Cardiol. 1998 Feb 28;63(3): 313-5.
- Bahl VK, Boro AK, Chandra S, Aggarwal R, Basumitry A, Goswami KC, Wasir HS. Pulse Doppler echocardiography for estimation of left ventricular diastolic function in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy. J Assoc Physicians India. 1998 Mar; 46(3):257-60.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Yadav RD. Percutaneous transvenous balloon aortic valvuloplasty by antegrade transseptal approach using Inoue catheter. Ind Heart J 1997 Sep-Oct 49(5);534-6.
- Chandra S, Bahl VK, Reddy SCB, Bhargava B, Malhotra A, Wasir HS. Comparison of echocardiographic acoustic quantification system and radio-nuclide ventriculography for estimating left ventricular "ejection fraction: Validation in patients without regional wall motion abnormalities. Am Heart J 1997; 133: 359-363.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Jhamb DK, Goswami KC, Juneja R, Thattai D, Talwar KK, Wasir HS. Balloon mitral valvotomy: comparison between antegrade Inoue and retrograde non¬transseptal techniques. Eur Heart J 1997; Nov-18(11);1765¬70
- Chandra S, Bahl VK, Yadav R. Balloon mitral valvuloplasty¬expanding indications. The Cardiothoracic J 1996;2(8):33¬40.
- Kaul U, Chandra S, Bahl VK, Sharma S, Wasir HS. Enalapril supplement for prevention of restenosis after coronary angioplasty. Ind Heart J 1993; 45(6): 469-473.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Sharma S. Combined dilatation of mitral and tricuspid stenosis by Inoue balloon catheter. Int J Cardiol 1993; 42: 178-181.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Talwar KK, Kaul U, Manchanda SC, Sharma S, Wasir HS. Influence of subvalvular fibrosis on results and complications of percutaneous mitral commissurotomy using Inoue balloon. Am Heart J 1994; 127: 1554-58.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Malhotra A, Wasir HS. Comparison of dobutamine infusion and exercise during radionuclide ventriculography in risk stratification after acute myocardial infarction. Int J Cardiol 1994; 44(3): 235-238.
- Bahl VK, Chandra 5, Sharma S. Modified Inoue technique for giant left atrium. Int J Cardiol 1994; 45: 77- 79.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Kothari SS, Talwar KK, Kaul U, Manchanda SC, Sharma S, Wasir HS. Percutaneous transvenous mitral commissurotomy using Inoue balloon in Juvenile rheumatic mitral stenosis. Cath Cardiovasc Diag 1994; Suppl. 2: 82-86.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Kaul U, Talwar KK, Sharma 5, Wasir HS. Percutaneous transvenous mitral commissuorotomy using Inoue balloon for mitral restenosis following surgical valvotomy. Clin Cardiol 1994; 17: 648-651.
Bahl VK, Chandra S, Wasir HS. Pulmonary valvuloplasty using Inoue balloon catheter. Int J Cardiol 1994, 45;2; June 15: 141-43.
- Chandra S, Saxena A, Rajani M, Wasir HS. Partial anomalous pulmonary venous drainage to coronary sinus with intact atrial septum -A case report. Ind Heart J 1994; 46(4): 173-175, .
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Goswami KC, Bhargava B, Juneja R, Sharma 5, Wasir HS. Balloon Pulmonary valvuloplasty using Inoue catheter - an early experience. Indian Heart J 1994; 47(1 ): 25-28.
- Baht VK, Chandra S, Talwar KK, Kaul U, Sharma S, Wasir HS. Percutaneous transvenous mitral commissurotomy in 390 cases using Inoue balloon catheter. Int J Cardiol 1994; 46:223-227.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Talwar KK, Kaul U, Sharma S, Wasir HS. Percutaneous transvenous mitral commissurotomy in systemic and suprasystemic pulmonary artery pressures. Cath Cardiovasc Diag 1995; 36:211-215.
- Bhargava B, Chandra S, Agarwal W, Kaul U, Vashishtha S, Wasir HS. Adjunctive magnesium therapy in acute myocardial infarction. Int J Cardiol 1995; 52:95-99.
- Bahl VK, Bhargava pericardiotomy using B, Chandra S. Percutaneous Inoue balloon catheter. Cath Cardiovasc Diag 1995; 36:98-99.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Juneja R. Concurrent aortic and mitral balloon valvuloplasty by the retrograde nontranseptal technique. Int J Cardiol 1995; 52.
- Bahl VK, Vashisht S, Chandra S, Sharma M, Wasir HS. Association of plasma lipoproteins with angiographical1y defined coronary artery disease. Indian Heart J 1995; 47:244-247.
- Bhargava B, Chandra S, Kaul U, Bahl VK, Wasir HS. Ischemic preconditioning an intra coronary electrocardiographic study. Ind Heart J (In press) 1996; 48: 129-132.
- Bahl VK, Bhargava B, Chandra S. Percutaneous balloon dilatation of subaortic membrane using Inoue balloon. Int J Cardiol 1996; 54: 81-84.
- Bhargava B, Chandra S, Bahl VK. Tricuspid balloon valvuloplasty: Can the balloon be floated into the right ventricle. Cath Cardiovasc Diagn 1996; 38: 333-4.
- Bahl VK, Bhargava B, Chandra S. Percutaneous balloon dilatation of IVC obstruction using Inoue catheter. Ind Heart J 1997 49:427-428.
- Bhargava B, Chandra S, Seth 5, Wasir HS. Changes in circulatory biogenic amines during head-up tilt testing in patients with neurocardiogenic syncope. Ind Heart J 1996; 48:659-662.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Goel A, Goswami KC, Wasir HS. Versatility of Inoue balloon catheter. Int J Cardiol 1997; 59:75-83.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Mishra S. Congenital stenosis of isolated pulmonary vein: role of retrograde pulmonary vein catheterization. Int J Cardiol 1997; 60:103-105.
- Chandra S, Talwar KK, Chopra P. Immuno-histochemical characterization and quantitative evaluation of Iympho¬mononuclear cells in dilated cardiomyopathy -An endomyocardial biopsy study. Ind Heart J 1995; 47:360-364.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Chopra AK. Septal coronary artery ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. Ind Heart J 1996; 48:701-704.
- Chandra S. Neurocardiogenic syncope. Medical Pulse 1996; 3 (6): 27-31.
- Bhargav B, Mathur A, Chandra S, Bahl VK. Inoue balloon tricuspid valvuloplasty: Is it time to subject tricuspid valvuloplasty to microscopic scrutiny a simple algorithm. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn 1997.
- Bhargav B, Aggarwal R, Chandra S, Bahl VK. Inoue balloon valvuloplasty for the tricuspid valve during pregnancy. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn 1997 Oct; 42(2) : 241.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Taneja K. Self-expanding wall stent for management of severe abdominal coarctation due to non¬-specific aortoarteritis. Ind Heart J 1997; 49:189-191.
- Bahl VK, Chandra S, Goswami Kc. Combined mitral and aortic valvuloplasty by antegrade tra nssepta I approach using. Inoue balloon catheter. Int J Cardiol 1997.
- Chandra S, Bahl VK, Goswami KC, Mishra S, Talwar KK, Bhargava B, Aggarwal R, Ramamurthy S, Narang R, Prashar D, Manchanda Sc. Percutaneous transvenous mitral commissurotomy in 50 cases of critical mitral stenosis during pregnancy. Int J Cardiol (in press).
- Natarajan D, Chandra S, Sharma VP. Pulmonary edema with diltiazem in hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. Am Heart J 1990; 129: 229-232.
- atarajan D, Sharma VP, Chandra S. Percutaneous mitral valvotomy by Inoue catheter in young patients with mitral stenosis. Am Heart J 1992; 123: 541-543.
- Natarajan D, Sharma VP, Chandra S, Dhar SK, Gaba M, Caroli B. Effects of percutaneous balloon mitral. valvotomy on pulmonary venous flow in severe mitral stenosis. Am J Cardiol 1992; 69: 810-812.
Medical Breakthroughs/Interesting Case Studies:
Chronic total occlusions, alcohol septal ablation of HOCM, multi valvular balloon dilatations, retrogate mitral balloon valvotomy technique