ADDITONAL PROFFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS
Honorary Professor of Cardiology
- Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal (2000 onwards)
- Medical College, Raipur (2001 onwards)
- Medical College, Bilaspur (2001 onwards)
- Padmashree Dr. D Y Patil University (2008 onwards)
Honorary Professor of Cardiology
- Bangladesh Medical College, Dhaka, Bangladesh, (1998 onwards)
Honorary National Professor
Annual Course on Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons of India, (1996 onwards) “Dudley” Visiting Professor University of Birmingham, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, U.K (1995)
RECENT UNIQUE INTERNATIONAL DISTINCTIONS FOR DR. ASHOK SETH
(Unprecedented Honour For Any Indian / Asian)
Dr. Seth has contributed extensively to the growth, development and scientific progress of Cardiology especially Interventional Cardiology in India and across the world.
Over the past 20 years he has pioneered numerous angioplasty techniques for India and Asia Pacific region. His expertise, skills and his pioneering efforts in teaching and training in angioplasty have won him respect and accolades all across the world.
He is perhaps one of the most recognized and respected Indian Cardiologist across the globe. His efforts have created a unique respect for India on the international sphere especially in the West.
For his unique achievements and contributions he was honoured by the National award of ‘PADMA SHRI’ by the President of India in 2003.
Dr. Seth is also founder advisory board member / governor to several prestigious international scientific bodies in the world including the Asia Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiologist and SAARC Cardiac Society and Society of Cardiovascular Angiographies and Interventions (USA).
Dr. Ashok Seth has been highly decorated by the national academia and by citizens’ forums throughout the country and abroad.
UNIQE CONTRIBUTIONS HAVE BEEN
- Dr. Seth was the first cardiologist in Asia Pacific region to perform Directional Atherectomy, Angioscopy, Stents, Thrombectomy devices & Drug Eluting Stents and use of Impella heart support device failing heart. He has performed one of the higest number of angiographies and angioplasties in the world – which is acknowledged by the ‘LIMCA ‘Book of Records.
- Dr. Seth was also instrumental in the core team which created the Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi from its first day when he became the Head of Invasive and Interventional Cardiology on his return from England on 3rd October 1988. He was one of the key pillar to make it into one of the most famous landmark institutes in the World. He left the Escorts Heart Institute in Dec’04 to create a new standard in cardiac care in Max Heart & Vascular Institute.
- Dr. Seth has the unique honor to be invited to demonstrate and teach complex angioplasty techniques via the satellite transmission from New Delhi to the ‘Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics in 2003 & 2007’ Meeting in Washington DC (USA) and to EuroPCR in Paris in 2006 (from Bangkok) & in 2003 (from Chennai), which are the most important and biggest meetings of Interventional Cardiologists across the World. This is a unique prestige and privilege for India and a first for any Interventional Cardiologists in Asia. He has also done live transmissions of complex angioplasty techniques from India to international meetings in Singapore, Malaysia, Paris, China, Australia, Korea, Sri Lanka etc.
- Dr. Seth has been invited to lecture / demonstrate complex angioplasty techniques to more than 300 international courses & meetings across the globe.
- Dr. Seth has been highly acclaimed internationally for academics and research. He is the-
- Associate Editor of International Journal of Cardiology
- Member, Editorial Board
- Journal American College of Cardiology – Cardiovascular Interventions
- Catheterization and Cardiovascular Intervention
- Euro Intervention.
- These are three of the most important journals of Interventional Cardiology in the World and is an unprecedented honor for an Indian.
- Dr. Seth has had the unique distinction to be elected on the Board of Governors of Society of Cardiac Angiographies and Intervention (USA) – the official professional and regulatory body of interventional cardiologists in USA which has a global influence. This is a first for any cardiologist from Asia.
- He has been invited to be a member of expert committee of “Society of Cardiovascular Angiography & Interventions (USA)” for its international position statement on “Percutaneous Coronary Interventions Without On-Site Surgical Backup” and is a co-author of this ‘Guidelines’ which have been supported by 15 Interventional Cardiology Societies across the World.
- Dr Seth is a Member of Expert Committee - Central Drugs Standard Control Organization, Directorate General of Health Services, to examine issues relating to regulatory requirements for exercising control over medical devices (October 2009 onwards).
- Dr. Seth is the Chief Coordinator of CSIR funded NTMLI project to manufacture an indigenous low-cost Drug Eluting Stent in India by year end 2008.
- Dr. Seth is one of the youngest person to be honored Doctorate of Science (DSc) Honoris Causa by Banaras Hindu University in 1998.
- He also was one of the youngest overseas doctors to be awarded the Fellowship of all the three Royal Colleges of London, Edinburgh & Ireland in year 1995.
- He has also been a prolific writer of original scientific papers and has more than 150 publications to his credit in prestigious Indian and International medical journals. He has also written and edited chapters in 10 text books of Cardiology and Medicine.
- Dr. Seth has trained more than 350 cardiologists from India and abroad in advance techniques of angioplasty. The Govt. of Malaysia, Bangladesh, WHO, SAARC Cardiac Society, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia has all sponsored doctors from their country to train under Dr. Seth.
- He has had the unique distinction of organizing the ‘2nd AICT’ (Asian Interventional Cardiovascular Therapeutics) conference in India in October 2006. This was a privilege and pride of Nation. This landmark meeting brought together for the first time in India 200 top most Cardiologists of the world and more than 1000 delegates from 27 countries. The President of India, Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam gave the inaugural address to the cardiologists and it was acclaimed and lauded internationally.