Dr. Z S Meharwal
Cardiac Surgery/ Cardio Thoracic Vascular Surgery
Years of experience
Dr Z. S. Meharwal is Director and Coordinator of Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery. He is part of the founding team of Doctors at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute. He did his M.B.B.S, M.S (General Surgery) and M.Ch (Cardiothoracic Surgery) from King George Medical College, Lucknow. He has worked as Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at prestigious King's College Hospital in London.
He has more than 25 years of experience in cardiac surgery with over 20,000 surgeries to his credit, including complex cardiac procedures. Dr. Meharwal has been actively involved with teaching and training. He is also the Programme Director of DNB Cardiothoracic Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute.
Dr. Meharwal has also been invited in national and international meetings as faculty. He has more than 40 publications in peer reviewed journals to his credit. Dr. Meharwal has been actively involved in social services and has been organizing free cardiac camps all over the country and has been delivering health talks to public. Dr. Meharwal has received many awards including President award for his contribution in the field of Cardiac Surgery.
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Off pump coronary artery bypass surgery
- Surgery of ascending aortic aneurysms and dissections
- Valve repair and replacement
- Carotid endarterectomy
- CABG in patients with poor ventricular function
- Major Vascular surgery
- Surgery for heart failure including heart transplantation and ventricular assist devices
Travelling, Music & Reading
- King George Medical College, Lucknow from 1982-1988
- G B Pant Hospital, Delhi from 1988-1989
- Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, King College Hospital, London, UK from 1993-1997
- Citation Award by President of India Sri APJ Abdul Kalam on the occasion of International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery Meeting - 2002.
- Listed in Marquis who is who in the world 2005
- Saharanpur Aditya Samman-by Govt of UP for contribution in Medical Field - 2005
- Entered into Limca Book of Records-2008 for performing Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery on 94 year old man who is the oldest patient to undergo CABG