Dr. Yugal K. Mishra
Years of experience
Dr. Yugal K Mishra, Director,Department of Cardiovascular Surgery at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre,Okhla Road,New Delhi. He was one of the core team member that built the Escorts Heart Institute. Dr. Mishra has more than 29 years experience in cardiac surgeries and he performed more than 19,000 open heart surgeries,which includes minimally invasive cardiac surgery,port access approach (key hole) for valve surgery, Atrial septal defect (ASD) closure,carotid artery endarterectomy,aortic aneurysms,Extra corporial life support,cardiac arrhythmia surgery,total arterial revascularization,minimally invasive coronary artery surgery on beating heart, Bentall's operation with excellent result. He has also founded the Robotic Cardiac Surgery Program at Escorts Heart Institute and he performed more than 500 successful robotic surgery. Besides clinical work he is actively involved in research and already published more than 150 scientific papers and chaired scientific sessions in national and international conferences in USA, UK, China, Italy, Japan,France and Far East Countries. He performed live cases in workshops in Thailand,Bangladesh and Nepal.
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery :port access approach (key hole) for valve surgery and Atrial septal defect (ASD) closure
- MICS : CABG
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery (Da Vinci )
- Redo Valve and Coronary Surgeries
- Beating heart coronary artery bypass surgery
- Total Aterial Coronary Bypass
- Surgery of ascending aortic aneurysms and dissections
- Valve repair and replacement
- Carotid endarterectomy
- CABG in patients with poor ventricular function
- Extra corporial life support (ECMO)
- Major Vascular surgery
- Surgery for heart failure including heart transplantation and ventricular assist devices
PhD fellowship in cardiovascular surgery from Bakulev Institute, returned to India in 1991 and joined Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi. Trained / fellowship in:-
- Fellowship (CTVS) from University Hospital Upsala, Sweden
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery from University Hospital Utrecht Netherland
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery training from University Hospital Utrecht Netherland
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery training from Odessa Texas, USA
- Robotic MidCAB Surgery training from Columbia University Medical Centre, USA
- Robotic Cardiac Surgery training from Ohio State University Columbus Medical Centre, USA
- Special Course in Endoscopic IMA harvesting from Institute of Tele surgery, University of Strasbourge, France.
- Minimally access Valve Surgery (Heart Post surgery or Key hole surgery) from heart port Research and Training Centre in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Awards & Expertise
- Rashtriya Ratan Award by International Study Circle in 2005
- Lifetime Achievement Award by World Congress on Clinical and Preventive Cardiology (WCCPC) conferred by Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam in 2006.
- Honoris Causa Doctorate (Doctor of Science) conferred by Governor of Madhya Pradesh and Chancellor of Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya.