Dr. Surender Nath Khanna
Cardiac Surgery/ Cardio Thoracic Vascular Surgery
Years of experience
Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna is the Associate Director, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi, India. He specialises in all types of adult cardiac surgical work. He is one of the leading and most experienced cardiac surgeon with expertise in Beating Heart Surgeries, Cardiac Valvular Surgery--Mitral Valve, Aortic Valve and Double Valve Replacements. He also has special interest in Valve Repairs, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Aortic Aneurysm Surgery, and Heart-Failure Surgery. His has relentless quest to bring the best in cardiac surgery to India and within the reach of common man.
He is a Graduate of King George's Medical College, Lucknow. After completing his MS (Gen. Surgery) he was trained in cardiac surgery at King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai; Christian Medical College, Vellore. Thereafter he went abroad and was trained under Prof. Ottavio Alfieri, internationally known for his pioneering work in heart valve techniques.
Dr. Surendra Nath Khanna has been practicing cardiac surgery since the last 25 years. He has carried out more than 7,000 cardiac surgeries. He has been working as chief cardiac surgeon at various prestigious hospitals which includes San Raffaele Hospital, Mila, Italy; King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai; Christian Medical College, Vellore; Max Heart and research Institute, New Delhi and Fortis Escorts Heart Institute New Delhi.
He is passionately involved in the Community Outreach Services and creating mass awareness toward cardiac diseases for last 20 years. He has been regularly reaching out to the masses of India, a fact which has been widely acknowledged by media and society at large. He has rendered free cardiac care in far and remote areas on North India. His relentless ambition of spreading awareness for prevention of heart disease makes him travel all over the country.
His experience in cardiac surgery amalgamated with quest to train junior cardiac surgeon in India. Dr. Khanna has trained many cardiac surgeons from UP, Punjab, Haryana, Bihar and Rajasthan and is actively involved in training the undergraduate and post-graduate students. He also has a keen interest in academic and research work, which includes publications in various reputed international journals.
- Associate Director, Cardiac Surgery -Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi.
- Principal Consultant- Cardiac Surgery -Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi.
- Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon- Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi (2010-2012)
- Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon- Max Heart Institute, New Delhi (2006 -2010)
- Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi (1995-2006)
- Chief Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Escorts Heart Centre, Kanpur (2004- 2005)
- Senior Proficiency Certificate- Sept.1977- Indian Council for International Amity.
- Senior Proficiency Certificate- Sept.1979 - Indian Council for International Amity